Please Email For Pricing
Walking Tour • Fall 2024
We at “A Woman's Journey” specialize in walking journeys and creating moments of connection with sisters and our Creator. Although we will be doing a lot of walking, this trip will be geared toward visiting iconic sites that have transformed the world. Italy is a place that is a delight to all of our senses, from tasting the delicious food, hearing the melodic sound of strangers speaking in their native tongue, smelling the pastries, and seeing art on every corner. You will be delighted and transformed during your trip. Our trips are designed to captivate you. To help you learn how to reconnect with your inner hearts, listen to the Creator of creation, and know your place in this world again.
Italy is a special place, so much so that the country has become a de facto bucket list destination for just about everyone. Famous for its incredible food, rich historical sites, highly regarded art, charming small towns, picturesque cities, countryside, and coastlines, it's safe to say that Italy's offerings are unmatched.
The entire City of Rome could be considered an outdoor museum, with the Colosseum, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Roman Forum, Spanish Steps, and St. Peter's Basilica, just to name a few of the most famous sights. Situated along the Tiber River and surrounded by seven hills, Rome is often called the Eternal City and is generally considered the cradle of Western civilization.
We will begin our trip in this beautiful City, strolling through these historic streets and visiting the Colosseum, Piazza Navona, Vatican City, St Peter's Basilica, and the Sistine Chapel. Our accommodation in Rome is just steps away from the world-famous Trevi Fountain.
After two days in the fast-paced, beautiful City of Rome, we will switch gears and head to the southern part of Italy to the beautiful town of Sorrento.
Sorrento has long been a tourist hotspot. Since the end of the 19th century, it's been an obligatory stop on the Southern Italy grand tour. Even today, its bewitching allure attracts tourists from all walks of life to set foot on its cobblestone streets.
During our time in the south, we will visit iconic sites such as the ruins of Pompeii, a city primarily preserved under ash. The excavated City offers a unique snapshot of Roman life, frozen when it was buried. Visiting as well, The Blue Grotto. The Blue Grotto is the most famous sight on Capri.
We will end our tour back in the beautiful City of Rome. There we will say goodbye to new friends and share a celebratory dinner together, reminiscing on the memories that were made and the sisterhood created together.
Private Transfer to and from the airport.
7 nights Hotel Accommodations
Entry into Colosseum
Entry into Palatine Hill
Entry into Roman Forum
Entry into St. Peter's Basilica
Entry into Sistine Chapel
Entry into Vatican Museums
Private Boat transportation to and from Blue Grotto (w/Bottled water, Prosecco and Beer, Soft drinks, Seasonal fruit, Use of Snorkelling equipment, and Restroom on board)
Entry into Blue Grotto
Entry into Pompeii Archaeological Park
Train tickets to and from Rome
Train tickets to and from Pompeii
Trip Does Not Include
- Embarkation tax in Sorrento + Disembarkation tax in Capri: €7.50 p.p to be paid at the meeting point
- Lunches and snacks
- Flights to or from Italy
- Travel insurance
- The Cost of Covid-19 testing, and travel requirements that may be required for admission into Italy and the US
- Transfers by public transportation not listed above
- Personal expenses such as drinks, phone calls, and tips
- Any items that have not been specifically mentioned above.
- Any and all individual tourist taxes that incurs.
Prices are based on rooms with two occupants.
- Day 1: Arrival. We will meet you at the airport with a private transfer to our hotel.
- Day 2: We will explore the Colosseum, Palatine Hill and Roman Forum
- Day 3: We will take a bus and then walk to Vatican City where we will explore St. Peter's Basilica, Vatican Museums, and the Sistine Chapel.
- Day 4: We will board a train and travel to the beautiful town of Sorrento. After arriving we will spend the day relaxing and exploring the sites this area has to offer.
- Day 5: We will board a train for a short trip to Pompeii. We will spend the day exploring Pompeii and the sites from the surrounding area.
- Day 6: We will meet with our tour boat operator to spend the day on the water. The Blue Grotto is the most famous sight on Capri. After taking in the grotto, we will enjoy a boat tour around the island with stops to swim and free time to explore in Capri.
- Day 7: We travel by train back to Rome ending our trip with a day filled with your choice of activities. You can either sit at a cafe and people watch, choose to shop for last minute items, or even try to visit anything we have missed.
We will spend the evening together over dinner saying goodbye and exchanging our many different forms of communication.
- Day 8: Arrivederci! You will travel back to the airport by private transfer and depart for your home.
The trip is open to 9 women.
Prices and dates may be subject to change due to travel and visa restrictions in the EU.
The nearest airport is Rome Fiumicino Airport (FCO)
By signing up for this trip you acknowledge and confirm that you are aware of the importance of verifying the validity of your passport before participating in any trip organized by A Woman's Journey. You understand that it is your sole responsibility to ensure that your passport is valid for the country of your destination.
You can verify information about your passport by visiting the U.S Travel Website.
Travel Insurance is not included, however, it will be required on all trips.
If you would like our recommendations on where to purchase travel insurance see the links below.
You can also ask your health insurance provider to give you a quote on travel insurance.
The itinerary is based on current availabilities. Please expect the final itinerary to be available in late 2023.