Walking Tour • September 24 - October 1, 2024
We at “A Woman's Journey” specialize in journeys of spirituality and creating moments of connection with sisters and our Creator. Although we will be doing a lot of walking, this trip will be geared toward visiting iconic sites that have transformed the world. Italy is a place that is a delight to all of our senses, from tasting the delicious food, hearing the melodic sound of strangers speaking in their native tongue, smelling the pastries, and seeing art on every corner. You will be delighted and transformed during your trip. Our trips are designed to captivate you. To help you learn how to reconnect with your inner hearts, listen to the Creator of creation, and know your place in this world again.
Italy is a special place, so much so that the country has become a de facto bucket list destination for just about everyone. Famous for its incredible food, rich historical sites, highly regarded art, charming small towns, picturesque cities, countryside, and coastlines, it's safe to say that Italy's offerings are unmatched.
The entire City of Rome could be considered an outdoor museum, with the Colosseum, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Roman Forum, Spanish Steps, and St. Peter's Basilica, just to name a few of the most famous sights. Situated along the Tiber River and surrounded by seven hills, Rome is often called the Eternal City and is generally considered the cradle of Western civilization.
Within this beautiful City, our trip will include, strolling through these historic streets and visiting the Colosseum, Piazza Navona, Vatican City, St Peter's Basilica, and the Sistine Chapel. Our accommodation will allow us to explore the heart of Rome.
During our time in Italy, we will visit iconic sites such as the ruins of Pompeii, a city primarily preserved under ash. The excavated City offers a unique snapshot of Roman life, frozen when it was buried.
After experiencing the culture, the wonder, and the joy of Italy we will say goodbye to new friends and share memories that were made and the sisterhood created together.
Private Transfer to and from the airport.
7 nights Hotel Accommodations
Entry into Colosseum
Entry into Palatine Hill
Entry into Roman Forum
Entry into St. Peter's Basilica
Entry into Sistine Chapel
Entry into Vatican Museums
- Entry into Pompeii Archaeological Park
Train tickets to and from Rome
Train tickets to and from Pompeii
- Lunch at Pompeii
- Delicious Dinner combined with Roman History on Day 5
- Tour of Rome on Day 5
Trip Does Not Include
- Lunches, Dinner, and snacks (except any meal previously mentioned above)
- Flights to or from Italy
- Travel Insurance
- The Cost of Covid-19 testing, and travel requirements that may be required for admission into Italy and the US
- Transfers by public transportation not listed above
- Personal expenses such as drinks, phone calls, and tips
- Any items that have not been specifically mentioned above.
- Any individual tourist taxes that are incurred. (Not all cities require this, if this expense does occur it is not included in the price of trip)
Prices are based on rooms with two occupants.
- Day 1: Arrival. We will meet you at the airport with a private transfer to our hotel.
- Day 2: We will explore Rome via a hop-on-hop-off tour bus, and will share in a scavenger hunt around the city.
- Day 3: We will take a bus and then walk to Vatican City where we will explore St. Peter's Basilica, Vatican Museums, and the Sistine Chapel.
- Day 4: Travel to Pompeii for a day trip. We will spend the day exploring Pompeii and the sites from the surrounding area. Lunch will be provided on this day.
- Day 5: Spend the day shopping in a European fashion center; Rome. Will conclude the evening with a guided walking tour of Rome complete with a 3-course Italian dinner.
- Day 6: Attend a service in one of the historic birthplaces of Christianity. (Location dependent on crowds and availability) In the afternoon we will stroll the streets of Rome taking in the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, and other beautiful sights.
- Day 7: Dive into history and all the glory of ancient Rome when we visit the Colosseum, Palatine Hill, and the Roman Forum.
- Day 8: Arrivederci! You will travel back to the airport by private transfer and depart for your home.
The trip is open to 10 women.
Prices and dates may be subject to change due to travel and visa restrictions in the EU.
The nearest airport is Rome Fiumicino Airport (FCO)
Please note: Due to space limitations in private transfer cars all participants should bring 1 medium-sized suitcase, and 1 personal item (Backpack, purse, or slingback)
By signing up for this trip you acknowledge and confirm that you are aware of the importance of verifying the validity of your passport before participating in any trip organized by A Woman's Journey. You understand that it is your sole responsibility to ensure that your passport is valid for the country of your destination.
You can verify information about your passport by visiting the U.S Travel Website.
Travel Insurance is not included, however, it will be required on all trips.
If you would like our recommendations on where to purchase travel insurance see the links below.
You can also ask your health insurance provider to give you a quote on travel insurance.
Ready to begin your Pilgrimage?
On receipt of your booking confirmation of the invoice, a deposit of $775, as well as a $50 non-refundable application fee is required. The deposit will be deducted from the total tour cost. 50% of the total cost will be due June 1. The full tour cost must be paid to A Woman’s Journey at the latest by August 1st, 2024.
If you have to cancel your trip for any reason whatsoever, the following cancellation fees are applicable:
- Cancellations from 60 to 30 days before departure date: 80% of the tour cost will be refunded
- Cancellations from 29 to 15 days before departure date: 60% of the tour cost will be refunded
- Cancellations from 14 to 9 days before departure date: 40% of the tour cost will be refunded
- Cancellations from 8 days of the intended departure date will be non-refundable
Any cancellation refunds will exclude any credit card & processing fees.